Friday, February 11, 2011

Where am I, what day is it, where have I been?

I don't know.

Black holephoto © 2010 Hamid Najafi | more info (via: Wylio)

Actually, now that I think about it, I do know. It was some weird time-fractured dimension, where my wife and mother of our 4 kids was incapacitated, and I was operating on light-dark cycle (Q: Is is light?, A: Yes, get up, start doing.  A: No, stop, go to bed), where everything was slightly out of focus and in greyscale. No amount of caffeine can compensate for life in the "blur-zone". I'm sure I've forgotten an incident or two, but there was at least a nasty finger laceration (via the help of the hand blender), four hours at the ER, at least a week of inability to tackle ordinary chores, some sick kids, a work trip to California (for me), and then a bad head cold (for her). I'm not sure that I have ever uttered the words "Poor Baby" quite so many times as I did through the past month.

I don't write much on motherhood over here, as I just can't do it the justice it deserves. But a couple weeks in the blur-zone puts it all in perspective. The answer to the question "What do Moms do?" is "An incredible amount that you can't properly imagine, or do anything but attempt to cover the basics if you ever have to hold the fort for an extended length of time." Of course, I knew all that already, but there is nothing like getting a fresh appreciation of it.
Just, please, don't let it happen too often, I'm begging you....
Dad U

-Mom's, seriously, we appreciate it, even if it does seem like we need reminding sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Such true words. Mom's do so many amazing things that get's taken for granted. Hopefully it doesn't take a minor incident to remind us how important they are.

    ReplyDelete