Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dad50 #51: Toboggan Run

This one is a bit of a no-brainer if you happen to live somewhere that gets regular snowfalls. But the thrill that snow offers to a child is not lost on me: I didn't even SEE snow until I was 15. I've therefore made it somewhat of a personal project to catch up for all those lost years, or at least give my kids the opportunity to roll around in it as often as possible. Unfortunately, living in Georgia, it only snows every few years (although, I should add, we are also grateful that heavy accumulation and the chaos it brings, is rare).

There are only a finite number of days left in my kids childhood where, (A) they are still children, and (B) there is snow outside. So here's what I do when it snows: I take the day off (or the afternoon at least).
This season was the best in the past 10 years, with several snow days. The last fall was the heaviest, and it immediately froze.

Queue: Suburban Chaos! No bread in the supermarkets! Cars in ditches!

But it made for a perfect toboggan run!
Full disclosure: my boys had put in the lions effort building the track before I even got out there. I contributed the launch ramp, and other supervisory oversight, but it was largely their project.



Dad U

No comments:

Post a Comment